Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Joey :)

So a year ago today, this is where I was...in the hospital with my good friends and family.  I remember waking up at like 2am having to pee, then my water broke :)  During my pregnancy, I prayed that God would have my water break on it's own because I was so nervous that I wasn't going to recognize labor until it was too late for an epidural!!!  So the Lord was super sweet, broke my water, and showed me patience during my 17.5 hour labor!  Here is Elizabeth, Myself and Tonya waiting for Joey to arrive! It was a party in my room all day by the way!


Toward the end of hour 17 I asked my nurse "When do we just get her out?"  In 30 minutes to and hour, Joey was here via C-Section!  Here is our first family pic...I was pretty out of it!


Our Bible study friends decorated the house so it was ready for Joey's big homecoming!  When we got home that day, the power was out for some reason.  We sat in the living room knowing that there were no nurses or doctors to help us this first night...we were flying solo!  


I love this picture of Joey...She now barely fits on this changing table!



This is Joey today!  Super fun and full of life :)  We just love her and can't wait to see what the years to come hold for our family!




Unfortunately Joey is sick on her bday today :(  She stayed home with daddy and got some good play time in with him though, so I don't think she even noticed that she was sick!  Her big party is this Saturday, and we can't wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

rackersfamily said...

Happy Birthday big girl! My how time flies! I hope she feels better for her party!