Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beautiful

So today I tried out for our worship ministry at church. I haven't sang in years, and I'm not going to lie, it was nerve racking. The song I chose to sing was about a girl who seeks significance from people. It talks about this girl who's hiding behind the makeup and constantly trying to make the mirror and everyone else happy. In the end the song takes a turn, and the girl realizes that the minute she trusts in the Lord her worth is in God. He makes her beautiful, not the make-up, not what everyone else thinks Johnny and I talk about how beautiful Joey is and will be. I am confident in this because God is making her that way inside and out right now as I am sitting here, as the day goes on, as I'm at work, as Johnny's at work, as our families go on with their lives....she is beautiful because she is a child of God, just like you and me! I pray and hope that you will all help us teach her that regardless of her outward beauty, it's what's on the inside that counts! Wow, parenting is already hard, and she's not even here yet! If you have never heard this song, take the time to listen to it! Here is Bethany Dillon's myspace page, the song as of today is the 2nd one on her list, just click and play! http://www.myspace.com/bethanydillonmusic

No comments: