Monday, December 24, 2007

The Gift

So as Johnny and I were shopping for some last minute gifts yesterday, I was looking at all the people rushing around the stores trying to find the right gift for the right people, much like myself! During the hustle and bustle, I was reminded about a sermon our paster just gave recently on the greatest gift we have all received, or at least can receive if we so choose....This is the gift of Christ that God gave to us, which we are supposed to be celebrating around this time of year. It's not about what gifts we give each other, how much we spend on our friends and family, "if I get her something she has to get me something", and the shear competition of the holiday that we should be focusing on. We need to be focusing on the gift that God gave us without which we would have nothing to celebrate this Christmas season! As Joey grows inside me, I cannot imagine giving her up for anything, I will love her, cherish her, and protect her all the days of my life! God gave his only son to die for us so that we may have eternal life. HELLO.....did you read that??? Anyone with a child, could you willingly give your child to death to save another person's life? If you honestly answer "yes" to that question, than you are a stronger person than I :) God did love Jesus, by giving him an amazing purpose in his life, he did cherish him, by giving him an amazing resposibility to preach the good news and die for all mankind so that we may live, and he did protect him, by letting him touch as many lives as he did before dieing on the cross and then raising him from the dead, causing his story to live on to this day. Our God is the most loving God there is, and as he loved Jesus, he loves us just the same! I know the reason for the season, it's to celebrate the salvation we have in Christ not to see who got the biggest and the best new gadget, who did what to the turkey, or why aren't there enough presents under the tree. "Thank you God for sending your son to save us. He was born in a humble manger and remained humble throughout his days. I trust in him and seek his wise council everyday. What an amazing gift we have in Jesus! Merry Christmas, and Amen."

No comments: