Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Women's Retreat

So this weekend I got to get away from the big city and go on a Women's retreat with my church! It was especially fun because 2 of my friends from Bible Study were there and we all invited our mommies to come with us!!
{Me, My mom Letha, Kelli, Kelli's mom Carla, Jestine and Jestine's mom Michelle!!}

Here are some more tidbits from the trip.....

We arrived at Pine Cove to this beautiful view!

This is our cabin...top floor, and we had to climb those stairs every time we needed 1 little thing :] Yikes!!!!

The cute sign on our door

I got to sing praises to the King with some great friends!!

Kelli's mom braved the Zip Line!!

We played Minute to Win it...I had to dip my nose in Vaseline then stick a cotton ball to my nose and shake the cotton balls off in another bowl...I won by the way!!!

This was my small group!!

We also had "bonfires" at night!  We played a funny game involving Ninja sounds, among others!!

The weekend was amazing!  The theme was Transforming Your Journey.  We had speakers and we learned a lot!  My take away was different from others, but I came home knowing that God needs to be a bigger priority in my life.  Him first before my to do lists, before my family, before my agenda.  If you are the praying type, and I hope you are, pray that I would be persistent in this life change.  My journey was transformed, and I can't wait till next year!!










No comments: