Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What's in a name????

As we are fastly approaching our sonogram this Friday, I am so excited to find out what the baby is so we can start calling him/her by name!! Our names our great, in fact, the greatest names ever picked if I do say so myself :) We've had them since week 7 I think and havn't changed our minds, so they must be good ones! For those who havn't heard.....here goes: For a girl, we are going to name her Josephine Leigh Stout....we will call her Joey! Josephine is my Great Grandmother's name...she was a strong lady, and one of the most amazing women I have ever met! I am so lucky to have spent the time with her that I got to and cannot wait to see her in Heaven one day, as she was a great role model of Christ's love! Leigh is the middle name of two of my dearest friends, Tonya and Karissa! I've known Tonya since the 2nd grade I think, and we have been stuck like glue since! She's the type of friend that you would do anything for, not only because she would do the same for you, but because she is so loving and caring, it's hard not to be the same back to her! Tonya and I picked up Karissa in high school in Mrs. Barnett's class. Karissa and I aren't as close as she and I would like to be these days, but the thing I love about her is that no matter how long we spend apart, when we do get together, the conversation starts right where we left it off, and we just have a blast! I know if I called Karissa at 2:30 in the morning because I had a weird feeling or something like that, she would hop in her car without question, and haul it up to McKinney to be with me! That's the kind of friend she is, and I love and look up to her for that! Now...on to the boys name....Carl Bauer Stout...we will call him Bauer!! Carl comes from 2 men in Johnny's life and my own. Carl is the name of Johnny's favorite Grandad. He remembers playing catch in the house with his Grandad, breaking stuff, then his Grandad would glue it back together so the kids wouldn't get in trouble! He was always ready, willing and able to get on the floor and play with the kids, and from the stories I've heard, just a phenominal man! If you have been to our home, you have seen the bright orange crushed velvet chair in our living room. This was Carl's, and is not leaving our house anytime soon! The Carl in my life is also known as Bigman. He is legally my stepdad, but so much more to myself and our family! He is fun, artistic, amazing with his hands, and can fix most problems from life issues to the garbage disposal. He is definately a Jack of All Trades. My sister and I met Carl before our mom did, and we introduced them not knowing what the future held, but man are we glad it happened! The result has been a great dad and role model! Johnny loves Bigman because he can make any situation funny :) Onto the name Bauer...From the time Johnny's best friend Cory named his son Easton (a popular hockey brand) Johnny called dibs on the name Bauer (another popular hockey brand). We were kind of joking around, but now love the name and will actually call him by Bauer if it's a boy! Johnny is super excited about nailing a Bauer hockey stick to the wall if it is a boy! So long story long, that is where our child's name comes from, whether it's a boy or girl, these are our names and we are sticken to em...what do you think??

No comments: