Thursday, February 4, 2010

22 Weeks Down and 18 To Go!

So here we are at week 22!  I feel big :)  It's getting harder to tie my shoes because I can't bend down as easy as I used to!  The only complaint I have with this week (and believe me, I'm glad to only have 1...I know a lot of women who are going crazy at this point) is that my hips hurt so bad!  When I get up in the morning, I feel as though I've done 50 million toe touches and my hips are mad at me.  My hip joints seriously creek in the morning, and this pain and creeking continue through work and really anytime I've been sitting or without movement for a long time.  So it's a catch 22...I'm supposed to rest, but it ends up hurting when I do :(  I called the doc yesterday and she said to try some tylonal, and a hot/cold compress regimen.  If that doesn't work, then she said Physical Therapy would be looked at.  There's that word again...PT!  I love you Melanie, and I love you Lorenzo, but we are about to have a baby, and they cost money...I don't have money for PT too :(  Hopefully the Tylonal and compresses work!!  Other than that I feel great! I have energy and have been getting a lot done lately...I even did 3 loads of laundry the other day...washed, dried, folded, and put away all in the same day!  If you remember this post, you know that's a HUGE deal my friends!  On with the belly pics :)

 
Here I am with Joey in my belly.  I kinda want to go back and kick my old 22 week self in the face.  I think you can still see an ab line on the side there.  I remember loving my hair this day :)

 
Here I am with Sam in my belly!  This girl is gonna be huge!!!  I can't believe the difference...no wonder my hips hurt, there's a lot more belly to support!!
Here's the Baby Center Update....

How your baby's growing (Week 22):

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
 
 Sorry if this is an over share, but I thought I would start including the "inside the belly" pic.  It's just amazing to me how all your organs and parts get shoved around to make room for one of God's tiny little creatures!  I am so blessed to the Sam's housing unit for the next 4 months :)  So yeah, here's a drawn rendition of what's going on in there!

 
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week...I'll let you know how the tylonal works :)


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Christy, One thought on that, you probably sleep on one side at night. Try putting a pillow between your legs (or several) and a pillow or folded towel under your hip that is laying on the mattress. The elevation may take down on the pressure of not moving for 8 hours!

czstout said...

Good thinkin!! I'll try anything at this point :)