Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Little Chef....

So Joey is really into cooking these days!  She's found a new interest in her play kitchen and has to make us dinner every time we go into her room!  I've been asking her if she'd like to help my cook things and her response is always "Yes!!!!  We have to get my stool mommy!!!".  Things she has helped me make so far include brownies, pizza, nacho bites, and more!  She's even helped Johnny season the steaks, and make mac n cheese! Here are a few pics of the mac n cheese...

First you pour in the noodles.....

Then you stir occasionally....

then you share a sweet moment with daddy while mommy looks on with a tear in her eye ;]

The thing I love about Joey and her cooking is that she goes full force!   Although she is a cautious child,    when you give her a measuring cup full of liquid, she just dumps it out into the bowl without even thinking about it..no slow pour, just "splat"! The other day we were making brownies and it called for 2 eggs.  I cracked one and opened it over the bowl.  Before I could do anything, Joey had picked up the other egg, smashed it on the counter and was holding it over the bowl, crackled shell and all :] It was hilarious and surprisingly no shell pieces ended up in the bowl!

Anyway, I hope that Joey continues to like helping us in the kitchen, and who know, one day she might be a famous chef?? Only time will tell :]

1 comment:

Holly (me.) said...

She is going to have the loveliest knowledge that she is capable one of these days. What a gift you are giving your little missy!