Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20 Weeks and 20 To go :)

1/2 way there, but it could really be less though because Joey came on her own at 38 weeks :)  I keep having these nightmares of my water breaking while I'm at work and then my friend Akirb has to take me to the hospital...we can't get a hold of Johnny...H. E. double hockey sticks breaks loose, and well, you get the picture!  I'm sure that won't happen and if it does, I guess I will deal!

Anywho, as far as how I'm feeling at the 1/2 way mark, I feel good!  I feel big, but good :)  My right leg is starting to cramp up and throb at times like if I've been standing or sitting too long...the doc told me my sciatic nerve was involved.  She said that a prenatal massage might help or that if it doesn't work I may have to do physical therapy.  I'm so not down for physical therapy...not because I have something against it, but because it costs money!!!  Oh well, hopefully the heating pad and some good old fashioned rest will do the trick :)  On with the belly pics of the week.



Here I am with JoJo....I felt huge!  On the caption of this picture I talked about being 1/2 way done, but that I might be more than 1/2 way because of friends who had mainly delivered at 38 or 39 weeks!  I think that's what the face was all about too...I was scared of the unknown :)  18 weeks later, Joey was here :)




Here I am with Sam :)  It's so much fun to call her by name!!!  Anyway, I know that I am at least 1/2 way done, and it feels great...hence the smile on my face :)

Now on with the Baby Center news:


How your baby's growing (20 Weeks):

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).





No comments: