Saturday, January 23, 2010

My New Best Friends.....

So I got a call from my doctor yesterday and after some blood work they decided that little Sam has made me anemic just like her big sister did :(  She said my blood count was low and considering what happened when Joey was born, I needed to go on Iron ASAP!

 If you don't recall what happened with Joey's birth, basically I ended up having to have a c-section for various reasons, and once they cut me open and such, I lost a lot of blood :(  I looked so pale and felt light headed and the even offered me a blood transfusion to help me get some color and vigor back.  I didn't want to have a blood transfusion unless they told me I HAD to have a blood transfusion.  I guess it wasn't bad enough, so they just put me on some heavy duty iron pills to get the blood back to normal.

Anyway, I guess my blood count is low enough this time that they want me on slow release iron twice a day until the baby comes.  As a result, these 2 things are my new best friends until we meet miss Sam, and maybe even after that...I'm not sure!



No comments: