Thursday, January 21, 2010

Coming On The Clouds With Fire.....*Updated*

So as mentioned before, we are doing a study which starts this week in church on Revelation.  I am super stoked!  The imagery and truth in this book of the Bible is intriguing and powerful!  In Rev 1:7 it reads:
"Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."
Today I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs, and I came across some amazing pictures.......They reminded me of a song that I actually had to plug my ears and sing just so I could remember the words.  Bret walked in and caught me during this process, kinda embarrassing, but I digress.  The song is called Hosanna.  It always brings me to my feet when played at church.  When I have the privilege of singing this song for our congregation, my nerves melt away, and I loose myself in the lyrics.  The are amazing.  The first line of the song reminds me of this picture painted in Revelation 1:7...it goes like this I see the King of Glory coming on the clouds with fire. The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes.......Which leads me to the amazing photos found today.....If this isn't as close to Jesus coming on the clouds with fire without him actually coming on the clouds with fire, I don't know what is!  Feast your eyes on these beauties and enjoy!












Amazing right???  The rest of the song is just as good as the 1st few lines, so I've put the video of the song below andwritten the words out for you below....Please read these lyrics, and enjoy, it is truly one of my favorite songs!




I see the King of Glory, coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes.


I see His love and mercy washing over all our sin.
The people sing, the people sing


Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest


I see a generation rising up to take their place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith.


I see a near revival, stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees





Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest


Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me


Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity



Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest


Man, those last few verses are another blog in and of themselves with what's going on in Haiti, and all over our world.  We are so blesses to live in a place where devastation isn't lurking at our doorstep at all times!



1 comment:

Tamra said...

Hey girl, I love the pics and I completely agree about that song...it is so powerful!!! I love the imagery in the words. Thanks for sharing.