Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The End is Coming......

We are about to start a series at church called "The Apocalypse". It's a study on the entire book of Revelation and I am so completely stoked I can't even contain it! Jan has been planing the music/drama/video clips and such for this series along with help from many others. Here's Jan's most recent entry
from her blog (hope you don't mind me using this Jan :) that got me even more excited about this upcoming series...It's thought provoking and gives great insight on what we can expect over the 10 week series.....

We (McKinney Fellowship) are getting ready to begin a series called The Apocalypse which is a study of the entire book of Revelation. So, I am waist deep in planning services for that series. What a book to foster creative ideas for services!! I am loving it. (If you are a McFBC'r, just a heads up... You won't want to miss any of the 10 weeks! You never know what you're gonna get.)

Today I am working on the service for Revelation 4 & 5, which is the description of the Throne room in heaven and the worship that goes on there. What a scene that is. The colors, the sounds, the creatures, the worship. AMAZING! Here is an excerpt.


Rev. 4:2-8
2
At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.
3 And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God,6 and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:7 the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight.8 And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!


If you have never read the rest of those 2 chapters, I encourage you to do so. I really never tire of reading them over and over. It gives me such hope for what is to come.

As I was reading and looking for music written from the verses in these chapters it occurred to me afresh that this is not a scene that was made up by John or something that will take place in the future. It is happening right now. 24/7/365 All the time these creatures with wings and eyes all over themselves and the elders with their crowns and the thunder and lightening and sea of glass making all of this envelop those in it... it is happening right now, as you are reading this and will continue to repeat itself after you finish. Over and over and over and over into infinity.

The are songs that we sing in church on occasion that are written from the words found here. Agnus Dei, Revelation Song, Holy Holy Holy, and several more. All of these songs always seem to "just work" when we sing them. People engage, they worship. Why is that? What is it about these songs that enable people to worship more fully than with some other songs? Want my theory? (Sorry if you said "no", it's my blog - you're going to get it anyway.) I believe they work because we are joining with heaven in worship of the Holy God that is already going on, has always gone on and will always go on . For just a moment in time, it is on earth as it is in heaven. What a thought that is. I almost can't wrap my mind around it.

I so long for the day I can be in that place forever. Worshipping with every ounce of all I am . So for now, I settle for getting as close to that as I can as often as I can for as long as I can. How about you? When is the last time you entered in to the throne room and spent so time casting your crowns down and worshipping your maker? Join me - won't you? Click here, close you eyes and just worship!

I mean are you kidding me, I am so excited I kinda want to pee a little....that's right folks, I said pee a little! Check out this video teaser of the series and let me know if you want any info on it, it's gonna rock!!!


No comments: