Friday, December 3, 2010

4 Years and Still Going Strong!!!

I can't believe I haven't posted about our anniversary!!!



November 19, 2006 I said "I do" to my amazing husband!  Little did I know the amazing things that God had in store for our lives.  Here we are 4 years later with 2 amazing daughters, a house, jobs that we love, family we love, an amazing Life Group, and so many other blessings!

2 years ago Johnny surprised me with a fun anniversary date day!  He got me the day off work, and we took Joey to Holli's house.  The rest of the day was spent eating out, taking a nap and going to the movies!  From that year on we have made this day a tradition but now it's my job to get my own day off :]

So this year we celebrated 4 years!  This past year has been great as far as I can remember and our shining moment was when we had Sammy!!!  She's so stinkin' cute and we are so blessed to have her {and her sister :]}.  The day started by us taking the girls to Holli's in our jammies....this has also become tradition, and we stay in our jammies all day long!!!  After that we went to Bill Smith's Cafe!  Not sure where that is?  Just drive East on 380 from 75 till you see this sign on the left....


and there you are!  This place is so yummy.  They specialize in breakfast and it is the oldest restaurant in McKinney!  5 decades of Smith's have run this cafe, and we love it!  We go every year and sit in the same booth...I'm pretty sure we have had the same waitress with the same smoker's cough each year too :]  We pull out all the stops and get whatever we want and we don't even worry about the left overs!  Here's the spread from this year.....


From there ran to Target for a kid free shopping trip which is oh so fun!!! Then we came home and put in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince....not in the living room where we usually watch a movie, but in our bedroom where it's nice and comfy!  We both dosed in and out during the movie and practically slept through lunch :] Since it was so late when we woke up, we just went to Taco Bueno and grabbed lunch.  We came home and put HP on again to watch what we missed during nap time.  Later that day we went and picked up the girls!  

It was a super fun day and a great tradition that Johnny and I plan on sticking too forever!  It's so much fun just to take a day and celebrate the union God has blessed us with!  I just love Johnny so much and am so grateful to God that he picked Johnny for me!!!!  Here's to many more years to come!!

1 comment:

Holly (me.) said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!