Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Threads of Gratitude...What Are Yours??



So this week I have had some crazy allergy action, and what better time to thank our Lord than when you are feelin' down :)  So let's get to it!!

Dear Lord, Thank you for modern medicine :)  Back in the day, my mom couldn't take any type of medication during her pregnancies with my sister and I, and I thank you that you gave people the knowledge to know what medicines do what and what is safe for me and baby Sam!

Father, thank you for this beautiful weather we have been having!  Even though I'm sneezing and sniffling, it's a great reminder that Spring is here and I am loving these warmer temperatures!

Sweet Jesus, Thank you for these baby Hot Flashes.  It reminds me that Sam is cookin!  Thank you for blessing us with this little lady!  I can't wait to meet her, but the heat I'll be feeling in the next 6 weeks is an honor that I know some women long to feel!  Thank you!

And God...thank you for my sweet daughter Joey who will be 2 on Friday!  I can't believe how smart she is and what a personality she is getting!  She reminds us to pray before our meals, and often asks for "Jesus" when we put her to bed {She wants to read her Bible}.  I can't believe how quickly these 2 years have gone, and I just cherish them and the years to come!

There are so many other things I am thankful for, but I will leave it at this for today!  Now it's your turn!  What are you thankful for?  Blog about it if you have a blog...leave your blog link in the comment section of this post.  Don't have a blog, leave your threads in the comment section of this post!

Here are my friend Tamra's....

ather, thank you for teh desire you've given me to make You the center of my life. I don't want to be religious or like a "Christian", I want to be as much like Christ as I can. I want to know that my activities and thoughts have something to do with You, even if it makes no sense to anyone else. That desire comes from You and I'm grateful!
 
Father, in light of my desire, I'm so grateful for your grace. I never seem to reach the goal but I know you are always there to push me on. Your forgiveness keeps me going!
 
Lord, thank you for the family you've blessed me with, both those by blood and not. I am so lucky to be surrounded by people who know you and shine your light into my life. They make my days and nights so much better.
 
Father, thank you for Floyd and the wonders you have done in our marriage. I feel as if you literally burried the old marriage and gave us a new one. Through all the craziness, we never seem to falter. It is an amazing feeling to not have any doubts or fears between us. The desire You have given him to know You is a blessing for all of us and I am grateful to be in the audience as you work in him.

And her friend Lisa's...

ord today I am grateful for my cup of tea and bowl of cheerios. I have them every morning and well.....there are some folks that have neither or anything else, so thank you Lord for blessing me with both, may I ever remain grateful.
 
Father today I am grateful for this spirit of fitness that has me diligently working to make it to our next goal. So many slip ups that would've had me giving up, have just made me more determined to get to the next goal.
 
Jesus today I am grateful for Rana, one of my spin class teachers, she is brutal but has a huge heart, always brings extra water for those of us that go thru 2 bottles in her class and gasp for more water, last week she pushed me to burn 1023 calories and it just made me feel over the moon (of course i had to be able to breathe first, but once i regained that ability i was over the moon) It was You that kept me peddling, my flesh cried mercy 1/2 way thru the madness.
 
God today I am so grateful for my hubby, what a dream come true. I'm not sure i would've ever dared to pray for such a wonderful husband, he is more than I ever felt worthy of. God, You gave him to me and I am just floored by Your grace and the continual blessings that rain down on me, thank you :)

What are yours?  Take time to thank the Lord who so freely gave and gives to you!  Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: