Wednesday, May 26, 2010

38 Weeks....1 Week To Go!!!!

Alrighty folks, that's right, 1 week from today we will have a new addition to our family!  This is CRAZY to think about!  I'm actually feeling a little sad today because it's our last week as a family of 3.  Johnny thinks I'm being silly, but I don't think so.  I'm just really starting to think about all the things that are changing.  I really want Joey to know I'm still her mommy and I love her soooooooooo much!  I am praying for an easy transition for her and myself!  I guess Johnny is OK, so I don't need to pray for him :)

As for how I'm feeling this week......So far so good.  Aside from feeling full and out of room, I can still breathe somewhat and am not swelling, so that is good!  I had a doc appointment yesterday and I weigh 129......1lb shy of the 5lbs she wanted me to gain!  I'd say I did pretty well :)  She checked me to see if I was dilated or effaced at all, and the answer was NO on both accounts.  What this means is that Sam is cozy and may actually make it till next Wednesday....BOO!!  So I'm done with doc appointments for this pregnancy which is weird!  I do have an appointment at the hospital on Tuesday at 9:30am to get my blood work done, and I guess they are going to give me a medicated wash rag thing to use in the shower on Wednesday morning.  They said this helps cut possible infection from a c-section by 80%!  Sounds good to me!  On Wednesday I will walk check into the hospital at 7:30am, and Sam is scheduled to arrive around 9:30am!  I'm starting to get jittery about the surgery, so please pray for my nerves as I have time to think about the c-section this upcoming week! 

Enough about me, let's check out those final Belly Pics!!

Here I am the night before Joey came into our lives!  We took this picture and night at 2:30am {so technically the next morning} I got up to pee and my water broke!  I called for Johnny and I told him my water just broke...he said "You think it did, or it really did".  I said it really did!  We sprung into action!  I wish I would have known what the next 17.5 hours held in store for us and that I wouldn't be able to take a shower for another day, I would have slowed down and taken one before we went to the hospital!  We did make it down the street and turned around to get our DVDs that we had forgotten!  We didn't want to be bored!  Here we are over 2 years later and we are here again but scheduled this time :)

Holy Toledo that thing's a torpedo!!  I weigh the same as I did with Joey at 38 weeks, but my tummy is obviously bigger!!  I can't wait for this belly to be gone!!!  Next week Sam's eviction notice will have been served, and she will be on the outside!  It would be really funny if this picture took place and tonight my water broke!  I still have so much to do at work, but I would still find time to laugh :)

The news from Baby Center:

How your baby's growing (38 Weeks):

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

And here's what Sam is doing in there...





No comments: