Wednesday, March 24, 2010

29 Weeks and 10 To Go!!!

I am so excited to write about this week!  You see when I had Joey in my belly at this time, I was in Mexico for my cousin's wedding!!!!  It was so much fun to share her day with her :)......more about that later!

This week I am feeling pretty good!  It has been a busy week since I wrote last, and I am in full nesting mode!  Not sure what nesting is??  Well it's basically a need to organize, clean, and be in control of the situation!  For instance, Monday I was super tired, but I cleaned out and organized the pantry.  We had an old griddle stored in there that we need to donate along with some other donation items and expired food items....it's all gone! Then I arranged the pantry based on things we use the most and put all the stuff I need on the shelfs I can reach and put Johnny's stuff on the top shelf where I can't reach!  After dinner I cleaned and organized our laundry room supplies.  Made sure all the like things were together, threw out old stuff and cleaned our shelf that holds all these items!  After that I tackled the game closet.  I again found some things for donation, and rearranged all our games so that I could reach the ones we use the most.  I put the kid ones on the top shelf to get when our nieces and nephews come over because Johnny is usually home too and he can reach those for us :)  Our gift bags are also in this closet...I grouped all the like bags {Christmas with Christmas, Bday with Bday, Baby Shower with Baby Shower, etc.} and went on my way!  Needless to say, I slept well that night!  Oh and I also cleaned the toilets...what can I say, I was on a roll!

The rest of this week is crazy too with meetings, practices, deliveries and more, but I won't go into that!  I have an appointment with my OB next Monday, and I'm happy to say that I haven't heard anything from my doctor about the gestational diabetes..they said if I didn't hear from them within 5 days that I didn't have it and don't have to do the 3 hour test!  Yippeeeeeee :)  I'm also thinking "no news is good news" in the iron department because they said they would call me if we needed to do anything in addition to what Iron I'm already taking.  We shall see I guess...now on with the belly pics!!!

It's no secret that I love Mexico!  It's sunny, peaceful, relaxing and more!  I love the smell of sunblock, and I also love drinks on the beach!  I could go on forever, but I won't bore you :)  Anywho, because I love Mexico and more importantly love my cousin Lindsay, I went to her destination wedding to sing during the ceremony, and have a great time with family!!  So naturally all the belly pics took place in this little piece of paradise!  Here they are :)
This is me, Lindsay, and Joey {in the bump}!  Lindsay now has her own baby Maddux and he is so super cute!!
Here I am back in the hotel room for a real belly pic with baby Joey :)
And what's Mexico without a bikini, a book and a lawn chair??  Nothing if you ask me!  Here I am rocking all 3 with Joey in my belly :)  What a fun time!  Linds...thanks for letting me be a part of your special weekend!!  I love you!!!!

Here I am with baby Sam and my best "holy tamoles" look on my face!  She's been kicking like crazy and has loved nestling into my ribs {joy}

On with the Baby Center Update!

How your baby's growing {Week 29}:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


And for those who want the inside scoop...here you go!!!


This has been a great week, and I can't wait to update everyone on my appointment next week!  If you are reading this, thanks for sticking this post out...it was a long one!

1 comment:

grrfeisty said...

haha preggers ladies in bikinis is always so cute! and i just noticed you live in tx, too :)