Thursday, March 25, 2010

So Blessed!

So the other day I went to the dentist for the first time in about a year...I know, that's not good people!  My old dentist is in Richardson and I decided it was time to make the switch to a local dentist with better hours!    My friend Amanda recommended her dentist.  They are in Allen, so not too far, and they are a Christian company.  So I set up my appointment and went in for a cleaning and consultation!  The cleaning was great and I was complimented several times on who good I take care of me teeth :)  If you know me, my love language is "words of encouragement" so I was eating this up! 

Then I met with the dentist to talk about implants and what not. 

 {For those of you who don't know, I had a pretty serious cheerleading accident when I was in the 9th grade.  I fell out of a pyramid and broke my right wrist, my left elbow and knocked out my front 3 teeth....needless to say, it was a mess!!  Well, that was in 1996 and 14 years later, my arms are fine, but I'm still dealing with these silly teeth!  They actually ended up putting them back in and bonding the teeth together after the accident, then I had to get root canals on all 3 teeth.  About 5 years ago I bit into a cherry pit, cracked one of my back teeth and that's when I started seeing a dentist again. Since that day I have had a crown put on that tooth, had my wisdom teeth pulled {4}, had 4 other teeth pulled because my mouth is too small for all those toofers, had my front 3 teeth that they put back in my head removed, had braces, and now have a flipper {kind of like a denture but not held in the same way} to fill the gap in the front of my mouth where my front 3 teeth used to be....phew, that's a lot!} 

 So back to meeting with the dentist...he said that my teeth look great...no decay or anything like that, but before we get the implants going, I have to get braces again!  You read that right folks, I have to get braces again...invisalign, but still.  He said that my old ortho got all the money he needed and stopped the job short {not fixing my bite and some other small things}.  To the naked eye I guess my teeth look great, but when we are talking about spending money for implants {a huge investment} they must be done right or they can be ruined and the money just gets to be spent all over again :(  So I literally started tearing up when I heard the news...I mean I just got out of braces 2 years ago, and I knew I was done for good!  Blah...

So you are wondering, where does this title "So Blessed" come into play?  

Well when I was leaving the dentist's office I called Johnny and he said he and Joey were at the park, so I stopped by and this is what was going on....












Just when I was in the middle of my pity party, I was reminded of some of the most precious blessings in my life!  Joey is so much fun these days, she laughs, runs, and plays all the time!  And my husband is amazing!  He spent his entire Spring Break playing with our little girl.  He does this not out of obligation, but out of desire, and I couldn't ask for anything better!  These to people light up my life, and this is why I am so blessed!  Just when things look dark, God reveals the light!  Praise God, I needed it after the dentist :)

4 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

awww what a sweet sweet hubby! i love daddy son bonding moments!

Laurie said...

Oh...so sad for you Zip! With a toddler and a baby on the way...bad timing for invisalign! That stuff ain't cheap.

So glad you were encouraged by your husband and baby though!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is sooo incredibly traumatic sounding!!!! But, it will all be worth it in the end, especially if the ortho has your best interest!!

LINDSAY said...

You are a super trooper! I hope your new dentist treats you well :)