Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Doc Appointment

So today I had a doc appointment.  It went well!  I had to drink a super sugary drink before I had to go to the doc.  Once I got there the clock started ticking...you see, they were testing for gestational diabetes and they have to draw blood exactly an hour after you finish the sugary drink.  I will find out my results sometime within the week.  I didn't have gestational diabetes with Joey so the likely hood of having it this time around is not likely! 

They were also drawing blood to see how my iron count is going.  I told my doc I was a bit worried because I've ben dizzy lately {I forgot to mention the tiredness}.  She said right now during the pregnancy women who are anaemic are at their most anaemic at this point, and again, I'm not getting enough rest and water.  She said if the blood tests came back and they were worried, they would let me know and we would get to gettin on fixin it!

I also asked about my Braxton Hicks contractions and she said that I needed to drink fluids and rest.  She said that when she was 25 weeks with her 2nd child she had to go to the hospital because she was dehydrated.  They pumped her with a couple bags of liquid IV and she was good to go!  She told me to drink enough water to make my pee clear each day :)  Game on!!!

Last but not least, they checked for early dialation.  I am not at all dialated so all it good!

My next appointment is in 2 weeks.  I can't believe we are already to the 2 week appointment mark!!!  This baby will be here in 11 weeks or less....WOW!!  Belly pics tomorrow!!

No comments: