Monday, March 29, 2010

Iron, Gestational Diabetes, and Braxton Hicks...OH MY!!

So I had a doc appointment today {I get to go every 2 weeks for the next 6 weeks, then it's on to every week for the last 3 weeks} and we discussed all in the title :)  Great news...my Iron count is back up to an 11 from a 6!  That's great, and she said I didn't need to do anything more, all I have to do is keep up what I've been doing {taking 2 iron pills daily} and I'll be fine!  I also found out that I don't have gestational diabetes!  I passed the test "with flying colors" she said!  I am so thankful for both of these things and they are answers to prayers!  Yay God!!!!

Pee alert...that's right folks, I'm about to type an entire paragraph about peeing!  Feel free to tune out or feel free to read on....here we go!!!

As far as the Braxton Hicks go, last time I was at the doc, I was told to drink more water and stay hydrated!  So for the last few weeks I feel like I have been drowning myself with how much water I've been drinking, but the BH contractions are still here and actually woke me up the other night.  So I asked the doc today what was up with that.  She asked if I was peeing enough or if I was holding it in :)  I told her that I sometimes hold it I guess????  She said that when you have to pee and you hold it, your bladder contracts and that can also cause your uterus to contract.   So when I'm sleeping and my body is holding in the pee and my bladder is contracting causing my uterus to contract. Yikes...so basically I need to pee more!  I'll try anything at this point!  I'll report the progress later!!!

So that's it!  The appointment went great!  Oh and I weigh 119lbs which is depressing to me, but they said it's fine, and that I actually need to gain at least 10 more lbs before this baby shows up in 9 weeks.  I think this basketball is about to burst as it is, so we shall see!

OK, that's really it!  Bye Bye!!!

No comments: